Old 11-01-2018, 07:56 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Since I'm considering using yardage for the first time in a Bonnie quilt, this comment of Bonnie's from the mystery intro has me a little concerned...
Lisa, I found that statement to be totally confusing and contradictory, as well! So I just blow it off... Basically your choices are 1) wait til late in the clues to figure out what's going on and what colors you want to use, or 2) forge ahead using the colors you want and live with the results. Either way is really going to work out fine. As Macybaby said, someone is going to love your resulting quilt. If you pick fabrics/colors you really like, then you should end up liking your quilt. If not, it can be given away.

I ended up selling my En Provence in my Etsy shop, because I had tried to talk myself into liking Bonnie's colors. In the end, I hated purple, yellow and green (MardiGras colors!) and couldn't stand to look at it. But someone snapped it right up!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-01-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: remove quote that was edited