View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Darcyshannon

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
I’m in the same boat with multiple machines and many different bobbins. With the exception of the featherweight bobbins I Finally just started putting partially filled bobbins back in with the thread that is on them. So in my Isachord box I have class 15 bobbins (both metal and plastic), L bobbins and M bobbins. Open my vintage thread boxes and you’ll see the same thing, 100wt and specialty thread boxes also all have multiple kinds of bobbins in them.... Means I always know what thread is on any given bobbin and since my bobbins all look very different from each other it works for me. Also helps that I have a gazillion bobbins for each machine. My system’s not ideal, but so far it works better for me than anything else I’ve come up with.

And, I always keep a few empties with each machine.

I cut clear tubing to put around my bobbins so the thread doesn't come off. You can buy one of those cutters designed for plastic tubing at the hardware store- usually they’re in the same aisle as the tubing.

Rob
May not work for some but one method that a former guild member used was to attach the bobbin to the thread spool using a fuzzy pipe cleaner. It isn’t elegant but it keeps them together.