View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 05:47 AM
GingerK

Cherished Pieces should be able to give you more info especially about availability of irons and ironing boards as well as cutting stations. And also about any presentations or techniques that will be taught. There should also be info available about meals, shared or single accommodations, nearby amenities etc.

The first retreat I went to, it was nose to grindstone because I thought it was all about how much you could get done. I learned that it is also a social event, a chance to meet people who share your passion for fabric. It is definitely worth taking the time to see what other participants are working on and to ask/answer questions. I found it was easiest to take a couple of smaller projects--bags, wall hangings, table runners are great.

Often there are games and usually door prizes or some sort of draw. Strip poker is a favourite. (a round the table game played with special dice. Jelly roll strips of fabric are involved ) There is usually some sort of Show and Tell as well.

Along with your sewing machine, take your usual supplies as well as an extension cord. Label everything!! I hope you decide to go. Unfortunately it is a little to far and out of my price range or I would love to join you.