Old 11-02-2018, 11:37 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Nice Tuesday Morning find! Beautiful color gradations.

I stopped by Lowes and got the paint chips today. They are very basic, heavily saturated primary and secondary colors. Exactly like crayons... in the box of 8. I'm glad she gave three examples of the neutral range. It's helpful to have chips for those. Still not committing to this quilt until I see a little more... but the unknown factor is exciting. Just don't want to have a big UFO on my hands, because it was so complicated (like Ringo Lake!) Whoever said RL 'wore them out', I'm with you on that!

Carol, your fabrics look nice but one thing stands out to me: The 'tans' look like a darker range of neutrals. I would probably pick a bolder color, if you want the same impact as Bonnie intended. She's got 4 bold, saturated colors, and then many neutrals. Looks like this quilt will be lots and lots of neutral. And then lots of orange.

It's fun to pull those fabrics, but I have so many pulled collections already, for different quilts in progress. Will try to complete some before I pull BH colors.

Gee, it sounds like I'm making this quilt! Well... who knows?