View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Watson

Default Under my needle...finally.

A year ago September, I posted a wall hanging on here and asked for ideas on a fill for the background. I received lots of wonderful ideas and help from members but nothing really took. Either it didn't seem right, or I wasn't good enough at FMQ to pull it off! It's been hanging over the railing of my stairs ever since, laughing at me.
I've tried a few things. And pulled out about a mile of thread. I think I like the central part so I've let it stay for now.
One of the generous members here had sent me a drawing with some "ghost" NY Beauty circles, so I put in a few of those to see how they looked. That sat for a few months because I still couldn't find anything to fill all that negative space until I realized...I had the circles...what else was there in the design, but triangles? So, I started filling up the background with triangles and I like it!
Excuse the chalk dust, pet hair, etc....black is really hard to keep clean while you're working on it.
Anyhow, my point is....your quilting design is in there somewhere. You may just be like me and have to wait awhile until it comes to you. But don't settle! Wait for something that makes you happy. There's no expiration date!

Watson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]603525[/ATTACH]

PS..the "ghost" circles aren't bright like that in real life. Don't know what happened with the camera.
Attached Thumbnails fill3.jpg  

Last edited by Watson; 11-05-2018 at 12:43 PM.