Old 11-06-2018, 06:09 AM
ansew

Default Cricut Maker, Silhouette, Scan n Cut, KNK --questions/suggestions?

I already own the Accuquilt Studio and love it for basic shapes. However, I'm looking into wanting to do more applique that is not the standard dies through Accuquilt. So, enter the digital electronic machine. I'm also wanting to cut HTV with it(heat transfer vinyl)--I don't do scrap booking so that's really not a concern of mine(right now). I know there also is the Janome Artistic Edge. Questions:

1. Do you have any of these cutters and how do you like it?
2. How much of a learning curve is there with the software. I have read that the Brother Scan N Cut and Silhouette have a steeper learning curve.

One of the things that I have read is that if you want access to any designs with Silhouette and Cricut is that you have to pay for them through a membership? Is this correct? So, as I understand it, you pay for a membership and then also for designs? I also have read that this is not the case with the Brother. Is that also true? Have any of you ever used any Cricut or Silhouette membership? If not, where do you get some of your images?

I think each machine has their own strengths---but I'm looking for user friendly, cuts both fabric/vinyl(or more). I like the fact that the Cricut Maker has a rotary blade tool for fabric and you use a dial for application of different materials to get the correct cutting height--not sure that is absolutely necessary though.

Any help/hints/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you so much.