View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 05:15 AM
cat-on-a-mac

[QUOTE=feline fanatic;8156720]What festive fun table runners these are. And I love how you quilted each one differently. On the "snowflakes" quilted on the 2nd picture, did you use a ruler to make those? If so, can you elaborate on how you marked it and what kind of ruler? Thanks![/QUOTE

Yes, I used Angela Walters Elvira for the arcs. (Could have been any arc/circle ruler) I made a template out of cardboard -- a circle the size I wanted with a smaller circle cut out of the middle. I marked the outside of the circle with 12 evenly distributed marks, then did the same on the inside, except the inside marks were offset. So, used the template to draw the two circles on the quilt and transfer all the marks. Then quilt arcs from an outside mark to the next offset inside mark like in this diagram:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603635[/ATTACH]

Having trouble making a small enough diagram that QB will allow me to include here. Hope that makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails snowflaketemplate.pdf.001.jpeg   snowflaketemplate.pdf.001.jpeg.001.jpeg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
snowflaketemplate.pdf (141.9 KB, 26 views)