Old 11-07-2018, 10:02 AM
mindless

Originally Posted by ansew View Post
So, after looking at some videos---to do embroidery I probably would need to upgrade my embroidery machine----so probably would not use the scan n cut for embroidery---but more for applique shapes(i.e. animals) that I could stictch manually on the machine.

I'm becoming more confused than ever! lol
ansew, I have the same emb. machine that you have. It is a Brother 8500 upgraded to an 8700. I use PES also. I'm still learning, but I can download PES designs from the internet (many are free) and write them onto my card reader using USB cable. The PES card reader is one I bought at the same time as I bought my emb. machine years ago. I have drawn some of my own applique designs, scanned them into the SnC. Then, the SnC which holds colored pens as well as a knife, will draw or cut the image for me.
I also found free software online that lets me digitize my designs & turn them into PES (or other formats). Still learning to use that too.

Also....for free designs, visit UncleGravy at QuiltFusion: https://www.quiltfusion.com/product-...uilt-patterns/
All these patterns come with cutting files that will work with most cutting machines out there.

I don't think you can go wrong with your choice. You will have to put some time into learning whichever system you get, and try not to be intimidated too much by it. Learning anything almost always requires an oops or two, but...sew what? My Momma says: Fail Forward. Just have some fun along the way.