Old 11-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Anniedeb

As a retail store manager, my staff varied in size from 10-15 women over the years. Each year I gave "my girls" gifts. Each year the wrapping was different, as in a stocking, photo box, or tote bag. I filled it with a personalized ornament, and all sorts of goodies and trinkets. They did Secret Santa, and Starting Dec. 1st, each week they left a gift for their person. We truly had a lot of fun and laughter over the gifts and trying to figure out who had who. In addition, we also picked one item every year to collect and donate. Gloves, mittens, hats, personal care products, scarves, men's socks...over the years it was so much fun! I think it depends on the staff, and the friendships that are made. They were much more that just my staff/team. I've been retired for almost 10 years, but my closest group of friends, my posse, my gal pals, travel buddies are 6 of those women. We still group text almost daily, and see each other monthly. Every Christmas I still put together a goodie bag for them. So far they've received mug rugs, table runners, wine cozies, star ornaments, boxy bags, and wall hangings. (This year I'm making tote bags.) I think it depends on your organization, and the people that are involved how fun/fair it is.