Old 11-08-2018, 04:27 AM
AmyBible

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
It's the remark Bonnie made when mentioning using 1 fabric per color that got me wondering. I'm not allowed to quote the remark here, but it's in the introduction just before the pictures of the paint chips. Normally she says it's fine to use just 1 color and leaves it at that, but this time she followed up with some rather mysterious comments. As I recall, there was also an issue with 1 fabric per color in En Provence, because of the neutral 4-patches. I can't remember when Bonnie suggested people bring in another neutral in that mystery -- if it was in the intro or when clue #1 came out. I know she likes to avoid giving anything away for as long as possible.

Oh good call Lisa! I did go back and read her comments. Right after saying if using 1 fabric you're fine she does make a rather odd, cryptic comment. I had forgotten about the En Provence 4-patches... those doing scrappy were encouraged to use a two-tone approach to the neutral 4-patches while those using just 1 fabric basically got to skip a step. Well bother! I had planned to just use 1 fabric per but I needed 2 orange fabrics for my neutral to have enough yardage. I guess if it **is** strings I could just alternate - or just use one or the other.... hmmmmm..... maybe I'll wait until the 2nd clue is revealed and decide.