Old 11-08-2018, 06:20 AM
ashiecat

I own the Cameo Silhouette and the Scan n Cut2 (wireless) they both are wonderful for cutting fabric though you do need to stabilize. The reason I wasn't interested in the Cricut was because from what I saw you needed to buy by the set of designs - i.e. if you wanted just one particular thing to cut out you had to buy the set @around $30 - I may be wrong, I didn't look that deep into. What I like about the Cameo & S&C is that once you get your design - say SUnbonnet Sue you can make it as big or as small as you want - you aren't stuck with just one size. And you could also use it to cut out quilt blocks. I started with the Cameo (and yes I do have the Go which I also love) and then got the S&C which I became aware of afterwards because I like that you can scan your piece of fabric and then put your design exactly where you want it. Many quilt shops offer classes for the S&C.
Canvas is free on the Brother site (for S&C), there is also SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) has a cost - onetime, I believe. I believe both Cameo & S&C you can buy designs individually and it's VERY reasonable (cheap) plus free designs. Blades on C and S&S are adjustable depending on what you are cutting. I think both machines are user friendly