View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 06:29 AM
bkay

If you are going to work from your stash only, I think the idea put forth in the first thread is still the best - whole cloth bears on the front, plaid on the back and the purple ruffle. I don't think either fabric works well for the alternate blocks pattern. My opinion is that to look good, an alternate block design would require a less busy fabric (grunge, tone on tone, etc.) that won't overpower the bears.

Two other things to consider - You said you need to get it made because of the time frame and it's a gift for an underprivileged girl. Those folks may have never had an actual pieced quilt. They might appreciate the whole cloth quilt more than a pieced one. I'm sure she will love it, as it will match her teddy bear. She'll be using it to cover her teddy bear, snuggle up under and drag around the house.

That's just my opinion, though. Other folks have expressed different ones. If you can't decide, either buy something you like better or just make a decision (try "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe") and resolve to be happy with it. This is a Christmas gift for a little girl, not another quilter.

bkay