Old 11-09-2018, 08:44 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Battle Axe, positively love the sampler you are working on. I went to Quiltfox design on Etsy (or was it Craftsy??) and could not find it. I did find a sampler BOM but the blocks didn't look the same as what you are working on.

This weekend I am longarming a Toni Whitney Blue Heron wall hanging for a client. I am giving it a trapunto type treatment where I quilt the details in the heron with just the top and batting loaded. Then I trim away all the extra batting and sandwich as normal and quilt in all the background. I completed the trapunto part so now I just have to sandwich and reload.
Then I have another quilt to start marking to get loaded. Practically salivating over this one because I have a very solid game plan for it and can't wait to sink my teeth into it. This is also a client quilt and seems every top I get from her gets my creative juices flowing like crazy. Love working on her tops! Very optimistic I will get it loaded by sunday. As I have Monday off and nothing on my agenda except a vet appointment first thing in the AM, I should be able to quilt all day on Monday. Happy dance!

Finally, I have to finish up piecing a backing for one of my own. Backing isn't the right word as this is a reversible quilt and the "backing" is more complex than the "top" and has taken twice as long. But I will be loading this as the backing so that is why I refer to it as such. All the quilting is going to be dictated by the top as that has a lot of applique. I already have most of it pieced together so only have one long joining seam then borders.

Last edited by feline fanatic; 11-09-2018 at 08:48 AM.