Old 11-11-2018, 06:45 AM
romanojg

I have the Accuquilt and the Scan n Cut. I love both of them. Scan n cut does have free software and just recently created a version that you can download and work on your desktop with. I havn't used that much. A friend of mine was telling me yesterday that she just took a class that compares the Scan n cut, the Silhouette and another one but I can't remember. She said that the Silhouette has free software to use and she thinks its pretty easy. Now she bought the business version because with it she can create designs, save them as SVG files and send them to the scan n cut. She created some for me for some new embroidery designs that I normally would use my cutwork needles with but now I can just cut all of the fabric and Peltex on the SnC and she said it'll be faster. I'm excited to try it. Even though I don't have the Silhouette I thinking about getting the business software to use for my Scan n Cut, she said its easier than the one that you get for free from Brother. I'm just getting back into doing all of this after being down for over 3 years so its a challenge learning all of this new stuff and forgotten stuff. But as far as cutters, I love the SnC, it cuts, draws, you can even scan documents into you pc for saving. Right now they just came out with a new one, I've heard it has issues but not sure. The point is, now the last one which was the SnC 2 will be cheaper and some of the older ones that people are trading in. It might be the best way to try. I have the one before the 2, I didn't trade up because even though it had more features, like wireless, it did away with some that I like. I don't have wifi so that didn't matter to me. Brother comes with lots of designs and quilt blocks plus you can make your own. Check you tube, a couple of spokes people for Brother have videos on there and I think there are some comparisons as well