View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 11:07 AM
thrums

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Susan Carlson has some really great video's and seems to be a very engaging teacher. I especially love her video Colour Doesn't Matter or something like that.

I've used her technique (glue) and a technique more like Laura Heine's where you use Steam a Seam and you get very different end results, IMO, so you may want to weigh that before you jump in, depending on the look you are going for.
I found the glue technique to be a bit less refined (Although Susan Carlson sure does a lovely job!) than I get when I use the Steam a Seam technique.
There is a Facebook group called Collage Quilter that can answer any question you will ever have about collage and I'm sure there will be someone there who has taken the Masterclass.

Watson

Thanks for the facebook page. I am a bit hesitant to tackle a big project as I tend to be a bit OCD. The one block wonder almost drove me insane with all of the placement options.

I do love the collage pieces though. I have collected a number of Carlson youTube videos. She is very generous with her free videos and posts. Susan Carlson has a blog with student work. Her latest has short videos from students with their comments about working with collages. I got some good input from them.