Old 11-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Iceblossom

Had problems uploading the full picture, not sure why, so only have the close up of the S block.

Here's the alphabet lap quilt top, when I quilt it down I will put outline block letters for each letter in the squares and then a simple meander in the border. With 26 letters, it works very well to add in spacer blocks in the ABC and XYZ rows making it 5x6 blocks. Usually I use an alpha or number scatter but in this case I used books. I use 8" finished sized blocks, obviously it can be easily made smaller or larger, with or without sashing etc. Some letters are harder to find than others, N was difficult for me. In this quilt I used "nests" but I also have "nutcrackers" and there is a realistic mixed nut fabric out now that I am tempted to buy! My friend's name is Suzan, so S is Super Suzan with Stars in the corners (she likes stars and metallic prints), the close up picture shows the photoshopped block. Normally C is for Cat, but she isn't a cat person so I used crayons. The border fabric was one of my thrift store finds and I didn't have enough yardage to miter the corners but the pencils I already had in my stash worked well.
Attached Thumbnails 100_4370.jpg