Old 11-13-2018, 03:56 AM
PatPitter

Default Ideas for Quilt Guild Open House/Membership Drive

I belong to a small quilt guild (less than 20 members) in a heavily populated area. The guild used to be much larger but over time membership has dwindled. There are other guilds in the area but we are the only one that meets at night. I suggested we have an Open House Membership Drive and the others agreed we should do it. We want to do this in the spring.

My thought is to have examples and presentations on our recurring programs - annual challenge quilt, friendship quilt, block of the month, biannual retreats, and philanthropy projects. We could show examples of quilts made associated with these programs and individuals could talk about why these projects are important to them. I was thinking also a few small door prizes for guests. Some time for individual meet & greet with the guests. Maybe very light refreshments (we don't normally have refreshments).

We plan to advertise at local libraries and senior centers. Also, we will try to advertise during the area shop hop. I'm going to see if the local newspaper will even do an article about us the week before the open house.

Any suggestions about things we should or should not do would be greatly appreciated.