Old 11-13-2018, 03:46 PM
DawnFurlong

Default Trading up a machine-typical dealer operating procedure?

I have never traded in a machine before with a dealer (as in bought a machine, then had a year whereupon I could trade up if I wanted, and have the full purchase price I paid for machine #1 be applied to machine #2).

I'm in a position that I might be considering doing this. But - I misunderstood the dealer. Yes, I can trade in and get credited the full amount I paid - but only against MSRP prices on machine #2 (not the sales price).

I wondered - is this how most trade up programs work? Do dealers ever bargain?

I bought a Juki Dx5 where the first one was replaced within a week (because the repair manager indicated he thought one of 2 issues was likely in the electronics and the dealer was instructed to give me a new machine and send the original back to Juki). The 2nd one is not stitching correctly, and is now with the dealer to be serviced/repaired. I'd actually like a refund, but they will not do that, they want to service the machine. I would think because of all the problems they would be a bit more flexible in all of this. We'll see. As it is the machine may be gone for weeks, as their typical service time is 4-6 weeks, but the salesperson I am working with is asking for it to be expedited as it is a brand new machine.

I'm hoping they figure out the issue and the machine works as it should. But I am skeptical, because it seems if something is wrong from the get go (on 2 separate machines no less) - it probably isn't ever going to work as it should.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-13-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps