Old 11-14-2018, 05:51 AM
DawnFurlong

Default What do you wish you had known about your current machine before buying?

We see reviews all the time that highlight was is great about a machine. And really in depth reviews will highlight the features the buyer perhaps isn't so thrilled about.

I find reading about quirks and such as helpful as what there is to love. I am not meaning this to be a bashing thread. But just what things would you really want someone to know about a machine that perhaps has practical consequences.

So I'll start - and see if there is more interest in this topic.

Juki DX5 - only machine I have seen where you cannot use the needle up/down button without having the presser foot down (think when you want to pull the bobbin thread up). Since I use that method to bring up my bobbin on another machine - I am really noticing this difference! This is one where I vaguely registered it at the dealers (because when you press the button, the machine pops up a messaging telling you to put the foot down) - but for some reason I didn't register the practicality of this every day (such as pulling up the bobbin thread).