Old 11-14-2018, 06:05 AM
DawnFurlong

Thank you for the different insights! I will be following up with a phone call to Juki. Though my dealer has agreed my machine is not stitching properly and has taken it in. But with a 2nd machine with problems out of the box - I have to say I really don't want this machine, having lost all confidence in this model (which yes - is totally different than the straight stitch only machines). Which is where I want Juki involved given the dealer will not refund and is saying I can trade up but only against MSRP on a new machine.

Being at the beginning of this process, I am thinking ahead as to what my next conversation with the dealer will be. I suspected more people would say what quiltingshorttimer said (common practice) - but was hoping to see (and experience) what mrsg730 said.

I am not looking to trade up because I want to. If my machine had worked properly, I would not be considering. What I'd really like is a refund at this point (don't even care what they find in the machine, my worry is like a car in a bad accident and "repaired", it is never the same after). In lieu of that, it would be acceptable to me for the dealer to allow me to put full purchase price toward another machine at the 2nd machines sales price. Why should I lose out on a sales price due to a machine that isn't working properly out of the box a 2nd time?

At any rate, appreciate knowing what others have experienced.