View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 06:17 AM
KnitnutBZ

Totally agree with you especially on laundry machine. I had a front loader and hated it for all those reasons so bought a good old brand, Speed Queen and LOVE. It. No more computized fir me. But I did hear they were changing some too so hope mine lasts as long as I do. LOL I. Would try looking for the best sewing machine with what features you want only and go from there. There are still a few machines out there without alllll the bells and whistles.

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
I can't tell you anything about the Pfaff Performance 5.2, but I agree, some new machines aren't very accomodating to the user's wishes. A friend has a new washing machine that she absolutely hates, just for those reasons. She says once a cycle is started you can't stop it and open up the lid. You can't start the machine in the middle of a cycle as you may do when you've hand washed an item and want top spin it out in the machine and air dry. She says the door remains locked too long after the washing is complete, too, a source of frustration if you are there waiting for it. Next time I need a washing machine, you can be sure I won't buy one that insists on being the boss.