Old 11-14-2018, 07:09 AM
Onebyone
Power Poster

I won't buy a machine that cost over $1000. Some years ago I bought a used Bernina 1260 for $450 because it has the alphabet to make labels. I'm still using it for piecing. I like paper piecing so I needed an auto thread cutter. I bought a Brother 420, all the features I could want. Then I bought a used Brother 8500D for $300. It does great embroidery quilt labels and has a big hoop too. I have the Brother1500 ps with long throat for machine quilting. I think it cost about $700 (gift) . I have several vintage Singers. I have very little invested in my machines.

My friend has the newest Brother Dream machine. She is scared to death something will go wrong after the warranty is out. Another friend has the new Bernina. Two weeks after warranty a sensor went out. It cost her over $1500 to get it right. More then all my machines cost. I can buy another one anytime if a new feature comes along I think I have to have. I bought the Eversewn Sparrow 30 for $400. It has become my favorite go to machine. I don't worry about any of my machines messing up. No big deal as I have very little invested in them.