View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 04:34 PM
JustAbitCrazy

[QUOTE=JJBlaine;8161082]I have an Eversewn Hero, and the only two things I can think of that I am not crazy about have to do with the thread sensors.

It's annoying when empty bobbin sensor wont let me sew the last inch I need even though I KNOW there's at least a foot of thread left in the bobbin. (QUOTE)

Here's something that works to override the sensor on some machines---I do this with my Babylock Serenade. If you have a vertical bobbin, open up the door to the bobbin area and let the light in. You should be able to finish stitching the remaining thread on the bobbin. The reason this works is that there is a tiny beam of light that shines onto the bobbin. If there is thread there to block the beam from going through the clear bobbin into the hole in the back beyond the bobbin case, then the machine knows there's enough thread. Once that beam of light shines through the bobbin into the hole behind the bobbin case, this trips the low bobbin alert. If you open that door and let in more light I think it drowns out that light beam. Alternately, and I'm not sure why, if you use some machines (with this light activated low bobbin sensor) in an extremely bright area, like in front of a bright window, the low bobbin alert is constantly on. One other thing; If you get lint on the light source the alert won't work at all. On my machine the light source is in a little bubble on the inside side of the door. I wipe it off all the time so the alert works.