Old 11-15-2018, 07:53 AM
DawnFurlong

Bearisgray - I do feel a bit embarrassed that I apparently didn't fully understand their trade up process (thought I did). That said, I have no problem talk, Talk!!! And that I will if the outcome isn't a reasonable one for me. Yelp, Yahoo, here, if there is a spot for reviews on their site, other sewing forums, sewing groups I am in, etc. I'm hoping we don't end up there, but if down the road that is where it sits, I will make very sure they know I will be very vocal about their customer service every where I can.

Zozee - thank you for the detailed suggestions. I will admit to being conflict adverse in the past. Still don't like it and struggle with figuring out the best way to handle something so that I am an assist in moving the conflict toward what I want (as opposed to alienating). I have already told this shop that I chose to drive 30 minutes to their shop as opposed to another of their shops which is located about 7 minutes from my house - because I appreciated how I was treated by them as I shopped for a machine (and didn't care for how the other shop treated me). So I will be sure to emphasize that again as well.

While I'd much rather have a full refund as quiltedsunshine suggests (and then I would sit for awhile deciding what other machine I might like as a back up), I am willing to purchase another machine from them under certain conditions. Under their current policy, they are willing to give me credit for the full price I paid. What I am Not willing to do is pay MSRP on the replacement machine as opposed to their advertised sales prices. That is the sticking point (because that is their policy - I have to spend 50% more on a machine than the original and I only receive full credit for what I paid on the 1st machine against MSRP on the 2nd one). I think I might have better luck getting them to come down off expecting me to pay MSRP on the 2nd one than getting them to offer me a full refund.

I'll have to make a list of various questions to ask them as you suggest, Zozee, along with your questions - this is great and so helpful to me.

I plan on visiting them today at lunch.

Ragamuffin - from what I can see, lemon law is for autos. Also, they are willing to "repair" the machine. But 2 new machines with issues - I'm not going to trust the machine for the long haul, do not want this machine. As this shop doesn't have any posted return policy (we will or we will not offer a refund under any circumstances) - I think that should be on the table.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-09-2018 at 04:38 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps