View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 02:20 PM
tuckyquilter

You have a lot happening at your home: BUT since you asked about Time Management: I clean as I go. Bathroom upstairs before I come down daily, same for the Downstairs before I go up at night. Laundry goes into garage and when there is enough for a full load - I wash, not before. I make large quantities of meals and freeze some for later use. As for Quilting? I'm divorced with grown kids BUT I do keep a schedule of sorts.
I sew for various groups and I devote the once a month day of the mtg (ie Mon, Sat etc) to sewing the other days of the month to that charity/group. That might mean making backing, sandwiching or FMQ all things related to the quilts for that group, on that day. It helps keep me heading in the right direction and making progress on the various quilts.

Mon: Quilts of Valor
Tues: Guild & Student I'm teaching to Quilt
Fri: Project Linus
Sat: Hospital Quilting Angels
Wed/Thur: My days to do my own projects or clean up one of the other days.

Just for ha-ha's Check out Jordan Page on Youtube: She is young, with a bunch of kids and has some great hints on organization etc. I've learned a few things from her, so I guess you CAN teach an old Dog new tricks.

But Quilting is not a race: It's for your pleasure and maybe charity. Try to enjoy all of the elements in your life, as life is fleeting. and God Bless your home with tranquility.