Thread: fabric depot
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Oklahoma Suzie

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
So back in the beginning of February IrishNY posted Fabric Depot was having a batik sale. I go to the site, see some stuff I can't live without, place my order. Get my email confirmation then nothing. A week goes by and I email them to ask if my order shipped. Nothing. On Monday I get a call from them (thank goodness I had the day off and was home) telling me that two of my selections were out of stock and the buyer had selected a substitute was I willing to take that? I thought that was odd. I said there is no way I can accept a substitute sight unseen and they should email me a picture of the fabrics so I can decide. I also asked why it took them well over a week to contact me about it. The woman said they were really busy. I am still waiting on the email with pictures. I have never dealt with this particular on line company before. I thought it very odd they would want me to accept a substitute batik sight unseen and also that it would take them so long to tell me two fabrics I selected were out of stock. What do you guys think? Is it odd? Have you ever had an online fabric retailer want to substitute without you even seeing the fabric??
I have never ordered from them, but I would never take a substirute with out seeing it first.