Old 11-19-2018, 09:32 AM
JeanieG

Well darn, I had all this stuff already to post, and I don't know what I hit, but it all disappeared! Grrrr!

Bev and I had a great time talking a mile a minute and checking out all the quilty stuff in Fredericksburg. I am humbled by the fact that Bev drove 1 1/2 hours to meet up with me!

QNS - We did go to Hamilton, but I did not see Jenny Doan. I bought some wonderful flannel for a baby quilt.

One of the California fires started on one of our hillsides. Thankfully no structures were taken and it was put out fairly quickly. The Santa Ana Winds are fierce and they are a common occurrence in the Fall. The fires in the Malibu area and Paradise were much worse. A friend I worked with who lived in Paradise lost her home. She has moved to Idaho.

I think the favorite part of our trip was Washington DC. OMG - those Smithsonian Museums are awesome. We originally signed up for 5 days at the Cherry Hill RV Park, but extended it for 2 more days. The RV Park had a bus stop right at the park that took you to the Metro. The Metro took you to DC, then a short 3 block walk took you to the Circulator Bus that was free for 2 hours if you rode the Metro. You could get off and on as much as you wanted. It really takes quite a long time to go through the museums. I think our favorite was the new Indian Museum - it was awesome.

Last edited by JeanieG; 11-19-2018 at 09:35 AM.