View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 04:41 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by annmarie
Izy - I'm curious - can't you order fabric off the internet?
Sure she can order off the internet, but very few sites will ship overseas and even some won't ship to Alaska/Hawaii/Guam and Puerto Rico, even tho they ARE part of the US.
Plus, shipping rates from companies that WILL ship, charge an arm, leg and your first born for something that costs as little as $5.00....they want $10.00 for shipping.
So, if there are those willing here to help others out by sending some scraps, fat quarters or whatever else they really aren't using, why not?
It's a great idea!
I, for one, am all for it.
I live on Guam. We have Ben Franklin here and fabric prices start at $7/yard for the SAME stuff you buy at Walmart for $3/yard. There isn't alot of variety either. They have 5 banquet tables of fabric and that is it!
So, I have to either get in touch with friends in the states and ask them to find me some pretty fabric....I sometimes e-mail them pictures of what I am looking for and mail them a check to cover costs.
I shop online and PAY TONS for shipping, and also wait weeks and weeks for something to arrive. It's the US Postal System here and I am still waiting on a package that was sent PRIORITY MAIL 3 weeks ago!
So, in retrospect....
Yes, she can order online, but if people out of the goodness of their hearts want to help her out or ANYONE for that matter, why not?

**disclaimer.....I don't mean to sound b****y