View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 06:48 AM
Macybaby

jmoore- that is really turning out nice!

I'm working on christmas themed projects right now. I've wanted to do a "christmas present" quilt and have been collecting fabrics for it. most of the patterns I've seen are rather uniform, and I wanted more variety.

Then I got to thinking, Delilah is made up of 3", 6", 9" and 12" blocks, and I could use that layout and make a variety of sizes like I wanted. I did change a few to get some more odd sizes, like 9x12 or 6x9.

I'm pretty excited about this and got most of the cutting done and have been assembling the blocks. I'll add sashing to all of them to get the size I want and then sew them together. It should end up looking like presents scattered all around, with most of the 3" blocks being assorted filler type, pinwheel, square in a square, hourglass, diagonal stripes and a few solid squares.

DH and I don't buy presents, so I don't get to play with wrapping paper or pretty ribbons - and I don't get to see all the pretty packages under the tree. So now I'll have a quilt with lots of pretty packages to enjoy for the holidays.

BTW - just bought DH his Christmas present - he's getting a Mule (kawasaki). A bit too big for wrapping but I may put a big bow on it for him. I've been teasing him that we had to get him a mule to carry his a.. around!

Last edited by Macybaby; 11-21-2018 at 06:52 AM.