Thread: Boom 21 - Dunes
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 04:11 PM
travelinggramma

Happy Day - I am thankful that we have wifi back on and I can catch up with all of you! When we traveled we found Berkley Plantation in Virginia where the first actual thanksgiving took place. They had it with their "traveling orders" that they were to give thanks to God for a safe trip and reaching land. No natives, no special meal as they had just arrived and gotten onto land.

It was only DH and myself - cooked a full meal so I can make a large pot of soup and freeze for next month when family comes. My mom arrives on the 1st for the winter and we are working on making the place safer for her.
My Daughter and family fly in on the 18th for 10 days. They are easy and always helpful, but she went on this weird diet and I have been stressing on what to cook to please everyone without making separate meals. I do think I have it figured out.
I do love having people around a large table - but it is too much work - I want the young ones to learn the joy of putting on a spread!!
I did finish the quilt that you all made! Love it and how perfect the blocks were.
The other is a Twister style that I made up with fabric from my stash. I have been working hard in using stash and not buy more fabric(except some 108" backing!)
Everyone put their super duper bubble suit on and be safe out there. Keeping you all in my prayers

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.
Attached Thumbnails 20181119_083224.jpg   20181119_083052.jpg