View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 06:28 PM
SuzzyQ

My first pet was a kitten (barn raised) I called Taffy because of her long taffy coloured fur. Over the years she became Mom's cat when I moved on. She presented us with many litters of kittens but none were long hairs like her. I got pretty good a predicting when and number of kittens she'd give us.
Took 25 years for my DH to consent to a cat and then we got Waverly who was supposed to be our DD's cat but... he was a smart one and gloamed onto the Boss (DH) cause he knew who would let him stay. DH would play with him and Waverly never played like that with anyone else. He'd stay with DH and mimic him. Also coerced DH to dig his toys out from under the fridge. OR lay on the floor and pet him. Quite funny. The last six months we had him (11 years) for some reason he became my cat and would crawl up on me in bed where he used to crawl onto the Boss. If I was knitting or sewing , he'd be on my lap or right beside me. Scared me to death one time tapping me on the should while I was sewing at night. He needed me to move a pile of mending so he had a place to sleep.
Now I have M'Gennis who is quite the clown but not a lap cat. He does like to be with me... and in the way of course. Very nosy when I'm sewing.