View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 08:50 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilting Grandma View Post
We always had dogs and cats but my most memorable was an African lion cub. My dad was zoo superintendent in Garden City, Ks. and “Tommy’s”mom rejected him. He was such a love. We had him about 9 months.
Wow what a memory for you! That would definitely be the most memorable. When I was born we had an orange tabby cat named Tiger. I remember that cat as he was still alive by the time I started school. He was the most amazing cat. I can remember when I walked home from school and got to our neighbors house I would call out "Tiger, Tiger" and immediately get down on my hands and knees. Tiger would come bounding out from wherever he was, run at me full tilt and give me a head bump and full body rub greeting. Tiger started my life long love affair with cats. There has only been one brief episode of my life when I did not have a cat and that was because I lived with a roommate who was allergic. The very first thing I did when I moved out was get two kittens. I have always been a multi-cat household ever since. My top count was 5. I currently have 3.