Old 11-23-2018, 03:15 PM
AmyBible

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
The Olfa was impossible. I have an order in for a new cutter and an inquiry about replacement parts. Meanwhile, I'm using the Martelli, needing 3 or 4 passes to cut each piece. I have other things I could work on that don't require cutting, but I want to work on the mystery
Oh Lisa - so sorry to hear about your cutter. Don't know if this will help or not but have you seen the cutter/ruler combo Eleanor Burns uses? It's called Sew Easy and you push down on the cutter with the palm of your hand and slide it up and back along the ruler. Google "sew easy ruler cutter" to see if it will work for you.

Well I was only going to use 1 fabric per color but after watching Bonnie and Holly's video I decided I better go full on scrappy. I kept her blue, green, and red, but switched her orange to yellow and her neutral to orange SO my 4-patches are RED and ORANGE - eeks... was worried it might be hard to tell the colors apart but I think they are stinking cute!
I had squares in my scrap bin in the right size to make about half the units and used yardage for the rest.

Everything is cut but I only have 20 units made and I am measuring each and every one after I press. I could not do Bonnie's seam twist with just my fingers, so I am un-sewing those few stitches as I sew. It's actually going pretty fast.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604350[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails post7.jpg