Thread: Irish Chain
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 08:04 AM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I mostly work with scrap quilts and find it hard to limit myself to just two fabrics -- more power to you!

I often use a single Irish chain to hold together collections as I did in my February/Valentine's Day quilt. If I were judging it, I'd say it is too busy but since it did exactly what I wanted (use up a bunch of assorted swapped Valentine fabrics) I'm happy with it. I also made one of my rare "planned" quilts, which is a triple Irish Chain for St Patrick's Day, it's very bold and was designed because I fell in love with the border fabric. Don't have a picture of that top yet and hubby is still asleep so I'll wait a bit before I try to get a picture of it. Hadn't really realized before now that I will have two Irish chains in a row! They are so different.

I've been having some problems posting pictures lately, will have to figure out why some work and others don't...
Oh, I hope your able to post photos. I would love to see your quilts. They sound so interesting. Isn't is amazing how one fabric can spark the imagination of one quilt start to finish.