Old 11-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I hate my front loader. It gets musty smelling, mold on the rubber seal and I can't soak things in it. What a mistake for me! I thought I would love it but I can't wait till it dies so I can go back to a top load.
I am so with you on this one. Hate my front loader. Someone, I thought it was here, was talking about a brand that has started making a top-loading washer with the option of filling the tub, perfect for quilters. Don't remember if a lock was mentioned.

Same thing goes for dishwashers. We recently purchased a new fridge, and while we were standing around doing paperwork, we got into a conversation with the guy who repairs the appliances. Our dishwasher is at least 20 years old, and he said "wait as long as you can to replace it". The longest cycle on my dishwasher is 96 minutes. He said the new dishwashers have cycles that range from 2.5 hours to 4.5 hours. Seriously?!?!?! I asked him how that could possibly be more energy efficient. He replied that they're not drawing power constantly; they pulse on and off instead.

I'd much rather have something like an industrial dishwasher that does a whole cycle in 4 or 6 minutes than these stupid domestic models that take 2-4 hours! I could have my entire kitchen clean, with everything put away, in less than 30 minutes.