Old 11-29-2018, 06:16 AM
Needles

I have an Estate (Whirlpool, about 10 yr. old) inexpensive top loader, love it. Probably was the cheapest on the floor when I got it. The saleman kept saying but it doesn't have this and that, really upset I wouldn't pay more. The tub is huge, I even wash a 5x6 bathroom carpet in it. When it comes to queen size top spreads, I take them to the laundry. Not going to overtax the machine. Being in FL, I only have one comforter in spare room, so mostly it gets, shaken and aired on the line most of the time as it's rarely used. Our bed has a decorative fleece blanket as a spread, easily washed. High dollar machines are garbage, today, mother boards barely last a year. If people would quit buying the junk and stay simple, things would change. I had a Westinghouse front loader as my first machine over 50 years ago, it was a great machine. Today's front loaders aren't worth bringing into the house and they're what $1200 plus. Just because they are expensive does not mean the work. Crazy. Spend $400, get an agitator and make life easier. I also use liquid soap, uses small amounts, never builds up in machine, even with cold water wash. And my whites will outshine anyone's.

By the way, write the manufacturer's and tell them you are going to start dealing with Used Appliance stores, so you can have the old style machines that WORKED.