View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 12:11 PM
roguequilter

​TOYS!!!! also strip quilts as in chinese coins. i've cut out cat figures, backed and turned then stich down with edge zigzag. 3D flower petals for quilts and head bands & purses. i've done large applique of my late wolfdog on quilt for grand daughter who loved the wolf. purses, hats, boas ...i've even made a snake for kitties ..their very favorite toy to drag around and brag to me of thier "capture" i can't part w my minkie & faux fur scraps ..if i didn't have grands to sew for i'd make for charity or just donate to thrift ..children love the bright colors and super softness to touch and snuggle with. my grands are big girls now -11 & 9- and i've been thinking of sewing all the scraps together (crazy quilt block style), cutting out squares, sew squares together for couch throw for the family during video games or movies. these fabrics are stretchy, but easy to fmq w a domestic. i have a friend who says it takes a little more effort to position for quilting with a midarm, but it's doable & comes out great.