Thread: Internal battle
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:49 AM
Angellight

Default Internal battle

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]604621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]604622[/ATTACH]
I am trying to finish this quilt for my best friend for her Halloween birthday/Christmas. The first is an almost photo of the whole quilt. The second is an individual square. The last is experimental stitching from my machine to use in the borders.
I was given an opinion to do pebbling in the borders. I do not have the time or technical ability to do pebbling or feathers or (insert curvy stitching here) which is why I did the straight line to "echo' the design in the squares, and I do not want to spend my time ripping out stitching that I do not like, which I will do. I already have a couple issues with the vertical sashing not lining up, but it is too late to rip it out and I know "riding a horse at 50 feet" and my friend is not a quilter, so she would not know...
The design that I like is the zigzag with triangles. I want to use it in the 2 inner borders and twice in the outer border. Also, should I quilt the horizontal and vertical sashing, even though the vertical does not exactly line up?
My other option is just doing a straight line in the borders, but I do not believe that it will compliment the quilt but am also questioning whether the zigzag will compliment after all of the straight line & SID quilting . I know that the quilters on this board have great ideas, and there are some who use the bonus stitches on their machines, and those who do not. I'm kind of pressed for time, but it can be late, but would like to get it done and sent. Help???
Attached Thumbnails 20181129_deb.jpg   20181129_deb2-640x360-.jpg   20181129_deb3-640x360-.jpg