Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Iceblossom

A number of years ago I was diagnosed with vision issues and had to admit that my vision was going to run out before my fabric did...

I've given away a lot of stuff by looking for "wanted" ads on Craig's List. Also posted free ads. I've given non-quilting stuff to textile students. Craft stuff to an elementary school art teacher (budgets are slashed for such things). Girl scouts, church groups, an entire box of Christmas fabrics for the Forgotten Children's Fund to make stockings, 4-H and other fund raisers. You might check nursing homes/senior centers. It was/is easy to find people who wanted large pieces of fabric, until I came to this board I couldn't find people to take my scraps/little pieces -- but now I have a couple of people that I send boxes of odds and ends to. There are also groups that have book sales as fund raisers, they might be interested in the magazines.

I'd rather give things away than throw them away, easier on my spirit if harder on my body -- but it never hurts to put in an "best offer" line.