Old 12-02-2018, 11:16 AM
TeresaA

Originally Posted by ragamuffin
The magnified eyeglasses which goes over your own glasses is from Harbor Freight and works very well. I used them to do my EPP of 3/4" hexagons and the small 24" quilt was very nice. I keep them in an eyeglass case. They are much better then the magnifiers that you put around your neck. Hope you find something your like.
I may try something like that. The problem with anything over my eyeglasses is I have base up/down prismatic correction, meaning that my eyes have to be balanced in the up-down correction. My many permutations of glasses never quite do that right, so my pinpoint vision (for sewing) is off. I've given up on getting good correction for intricate work from glasses because I can't stand wearing my glasses while paper piecing. I still have decent close up vision otherwise, so I've found my own eyes with magnification work best. The magnifying desk lamp worked really well for seeing, but since it doesn't work so well with my tired and slightly injured shoulders, I figured a floor lamp that I could adjust would work better, so I could lean back. I have to be particular about how I sit for long periods of time.

If only I could only find a magnifying floor lamp to settle on. I may just have to go through many permutations before finding the right one.