View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:15 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I started on my big quilt 130x135..I tried doing feather but they looked really bad, so I ripped all of them out.. I am going to go with a spiral flower design or what I call a spiral flower design. I can do spiral pretty good so I thought I would try the flower one.. I wanted to make a big design but I am having trouble keeping the design big, as I go along they get smaller. and being this is a big quilt I think a bigger design will look better..

I think it is ok to have different sizes of the flowers but my question is how do I keep most of the design bigger..I seem to just keep make them smaller without even realizing that I am doing that.. Also do I have to fill in every space on the top or can I leave small areas that have nothing in it?

anyone have any subjection on how to keep the design big..Beside drawing the design on the top, which I really don't want to do..I tried to keep in my mind big big big, but that didn't help..Thanks
on the long arm I lay an item of about the size I want as a reminder to me. when working on my domestic I will do some very minimal marking of design size (you don't need to do all over, just often enough to see it as a reminder)--I use the blue line water soluble for that. And you don't need to fill in everything but often enough to meet batting requirements and I personally like to have balance across the quilt on quilting density. Your quilting looks great in the picture!