View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:59 AM
Murphy224

I too only have the square Copper Chef pan and just like KnitnutBZ, the center is high and everything runs to the 4 corners. Rarely use it except for grilled sandwiches, not happy with it.
I bought a set of West Bend waterless cookware way back in 1967, cost a fortune in those days and have used it ever since, except for the frying pans.....they disappeared at sometime in the past and I have spent another small fortune in frying pans and skillets trying to find the "perfect pan". Wish I had the money I have spent on non-stick cookware over the years.....but I digress.
My daughter bought some All-Clad pans to replace her non-stick ones and is delighted with them. I found a set of 2 All Clad frying pans at QVC online. They were used in the on-air demos and offered for sale without a warranty and as is. I got the 8 and 10 inch All Clad both for 69.00 plus tax and free shipping! what a deal, the 8 inch pan had a few water spots that cleaned up with a quick rub of Bartenders Friend. The 10 inch didn't look like it had ever been out of the box. Been delighted with them.
For those of you are wishing for All Clad but the price is out of reach, (like me) go to All Clad's website and sign up for emails. Once a year they have a warehouse "less than perfect sale" where the prices are exceptional.
I too wonder about the copper chef pans, I don't believe there is any real copper in them at all but have no idea what that coating is.