View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Iceblossom

No list yet, but most of what I should have quilted down last year still remains to be quilted. I had a lot of bad health this past year and just didn't/couldn't get stuff done. Plus the tops that were finished this year but not yet quilted. My to-be-quilted stack grows ever larger... I'm making a series of themed quilts for me for each month of the year in addition to other projects.

Top of my non-list is my farm quilt (August). Need to work on some paper pieced blocks and layout. I have fabrics collected/ready for a lone star sampler (is it still lone when there are 9 of them??), January's top. Fabrics are all blue/white snowflake designs and the lone stars will be sort of snowflake-like, I know the number of sides isn't correct but so it goes. Have another set ready for a Christmas string quilt, December's top. I made a top previously but decided it didn't compare with the other months and it was more of a couch sized than bed sized. Once those 3 tops are made, that will be my year. So far though I only have February, May, July, and October quilted down.

Still haven't gotten feedback on what to do for my newlywed son and DDiL, but that should make the list.

I know I want to do something this year with a 3-D effect but haven't chosen the design yet (hoping maybe the kids like that idea). I also know I want to make a contemporary style quilt and I have most of the fabrics collected for that, as well as a general idea of what I want to do. I have background and border fabrics chosen for a Hazel Hedgehog quilt, am going to use solid scraps for the Hedgehogs and need to pull those from my solids box, based on the colors from the border fabric.

Had a math moment or two when I was cutting the setting triangles for my Turkey fan quilt (November), somehow I cut the side setting triangles incorrectly, but the top/bottom were correct. Am working on fixing that today, fortunately I had (past-tense now) enough background fabric to recut the setting triangles.

Once I'm done correcting the top and putting on the borders I need to figure out something to take to my small group on Tuesday. Probably a children's donation quilt of some sort. It's not always easy for me to have something portable, we aren't really set up to bring our machines so I usually do some sort of cutting. For my contemporary quilt idea I will be making some one-block wonder blocks, maybe I can get my fabric ready and cut that.