Thread: T-Shirt Quilt
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 01:54 PM
BARES

Originally Posted by klswift View Post
I spent a day going over youtube videos to find something to recommend to customers wanting to make T-shirts quilts. WOW, there are so many with wrong and scary info!!! But, there is one by Eleanor Burns (the queen) in the Quilt in a Day videos that explains things very clearly. She also shows how to use different types (sleeve logos, pocket logos) and has good info on stabilizing, cutting and assembly. I think the most important thing is to look at it in bits - deciding which shirts - done, stabilizing and cutting - done, layout - done, eyc. This way it doesn't feel that overwhelming. Another tip if you do not have a design wall, lay out a sheet and organize your blocks on it. When done for the day, you can roll up the sheet and keep your layout plan - you will never just remember it the next day!
I lost my husband of 48 years. a couple of months ago and want to turn his t-shirts into a quilt. Could you please post a link to this particular site? I won't go into the grieving except to say that it is so hard and I want to honor his memory. Thank you in advance.