View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
Cari, I always do a stitchout too but not necessarily on the same material as what I'm going to put the design. I don't usually have a spare sweat to use as a test. (I'm not being catty.) I used cotton and I think it was a lightweight mesh cutaway on the test. On the actual sweat I used the same mesh since I don't think I have any medium weight. Would a double layer of the lightweight have worked? Something else I remembered is one of the members here suggested enlarging a dense design to 105% to help combat the puckering. I haven't tried that yet. I keep forgetting to enlarge it before starting the design.
Yes you can double a light weight stabilizer when needed. I have an organizer on the back of a door that's full of different stabilizers and still sometimes don't have exactly what I need so I'll double up, sometimes mixing two different kinds to get the right weight or thickness.
It was probably me that wrote the suggestion of enlarging a dense design in the machine. It does help, without the size change being all that noticeable. I don't like to do designs that are so unnecessarily dense that the machine sounds like a jackhammer stitching it out.

Cari