View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 09:03 PM
craftyjulz

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
Boop - Im glad you got the ornaments ok and that your grandson liked the house. It was a pleasure to make!
Julz - how did you make that flower fairy? I know someone who would love something similar next year...
You can find out how to make basic flower fairies by searching just that in YouTube or Google. There’s a gal that shows you how to do the basic flower fairy body & then goes into more elaborate types in later videos. She even does mermaids. All they are are shaped floral wire wrapped with embroidery floss with a wooden bead for a head & silk/plastic flower petals for skirts. They’re pretty easy & fun to make. It’s the wings that can be a little harder & can be quite varied from simple ones like I made, others made from flower petals or fabric meshing or elaborate ones made from wire & special plastics that metal beautifully. Let me see if I can find the link & list it here... okay. It’s listed as “DIY flower fairy doll”. The link below is for a mobile device though. I think you can remove the “m” at the beginning & go to it though.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KYa5iifGl4A

Happy crafting,
Julz