View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 07:28 AM
jmoore

Sewingitalltogether and Iceblossom, I envy your enthusiasm and list of projects. Cheryl, I hope your neck recovery is successful so you can do the things you enjoy. Countrymaid, I have recently (semi) retired and it feels strange...there are days I feel guilty about being in my sewing room, almost like you’re playing hooky from school but I love it!

I make a list the first of each year and I do find it helpful to keep on track. I had listed 4 or 5 UFO’s to complete for 2018 and only have 2 left that need quilting, On Ringo Lake and my Gypsy Wife but I am hoping to finally have my own longarm by the end of 2018 (which I have yearned for about 3 years).

The only project I didn’t get to on my 2018 list is a Doug Leko pattern...I haven’t picked which one as he has many wonderful ones to chose from. I took a class with him about 4 years ago and he is coming back to Maine July 2019. Like Rob, it seems other projects sneak into our sewing rooms...sometimes unexpectedly. I made a T-shirt quilt for my mom’s 75th birthday and I participated in the Riley Blake “Meet the Makers” sew along so I will now have that to add to my 2019 UFO list. I’m looking forward to 2019 and hope to get many things accomplished!