Old 12-07-2018, 03:04 PM
AmyBible

Originally Posted by betthequilter View Post
I just started following Bonnie Hunter about 6 months ago and I know I will never make one of her mystery quilts even though I admire anyone who would. In an earlier post lora3677 mentioned "lots of holiday stuff going on". My question is: why does Bonnie Hunter start a mystery quilt this time of year? It seems to me that January would be a great time.

betthequilter - Bonnie starts this now because many people don't have family and spend the holidays alone. This gives them something to look forward to. A lot of people also only make 1/2 or 1/4 of the clues so they end up with a small quilt or table topper. In Bonnie's video with Holly from String & Story she mentioned if it's too hectic to do all the units just do 12 each week. That gives you an idea of what your block will look like after the reveal and give you practice making the units.

Sewbizgirl, your Allietare is beautiful!

So - Clue #3 is similar to the sashing unit in On Ringo Lake but no mirror image - wasn't a fan of that sashing so I'm wondering how and where these Half Chevrons will be used. I am debating skipping this clue and seeing if, after the reveal, I can figure out a way to make them with less seams.
I might go ahead & make the Bonus units - those are really, really small.

Does anyone else think this will be another "on point" setting?