View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Quiltah Mama

Default Hello from up north!

I am from Maine, and like some of my fellow quilters on this forum, it's a long cold winter so what better way to get through it then to make quilts.
I grew up with a crafting mom who had a business making and selling leather and suede clothing and items such as purses, handbags, and fanny packs. I have been sewing for 20+years and about 10 years ago the quilting bug bit me. I bought my first sewing machine at our local thrift shop for $3, it was a vintage Dressmaker that I sewed on for many years. I still have it and use it for heavy duty items. But my daily machine is a Janome.
I try to learn a new technique or will challenge myself with a difficult pattern every year. Last year I made a queen size quilt with 5600 11/2 inch squares, I loved the challenge and the quilt came out great.
I love paper piecing and because I have made a quilt for everyone in my family I now mostly make charity quilts, or small items like bags, table runners, or wall hangings.

My husband is on some forums and is always telling me about how much he has learned and encouraged and helped me to join this forum. I have learned a lot already and look forward to sharing and learning with you all. Happy quilting.