Old 12-09-2018, 07:36 AM
GEMRM

I have modified an existing closet that has bifold doors and a hanging rod with a shelf above that. I used three sets of those plastic drawer units that have wheels (I didn't use the wheels). I put a shelf plank under them for even support. Then I put another plank/shelf across the top of them for stability. On top of this area I have stackable boxes of projects to one side and on the other side a stack of boxes with a flip lid (that used to hold chocolate bars for kids to sell) - these ones hold my fat quarter collection. In the middle of this area I have iris boxes stacked for collections of fabrics or in progress projects. This fills the area below the upper shelf. I took down the hanging rod as I had no use for it. On the upper shelf I put yardage, mostly organized by theme or type. This is in shoe box sized clear containers so I can see it. In the drawer units I have various things stored in the individual drawers - one for pre cuts, one for larger scraps (the smaller scraps go elsewhere), supplies such as zippers, buttons, purse hardware etc.